Mobile Carriers Show, Las Vegas, April 7, 2017 – Competitive Carriers Association’s (CCA) Mobile Carriers Show (MCS) today announced Cellbie as the winner of its start-up showcase competition. Seven companies participated in the showcase session – pitching their products and services to competitive carrier executives, technology leaders and MCS attendees. MCS takes place April 5-7 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
Cellbie provides a trade-in software platform that enables buying and selling of used smartphones, allowing mobile retailers to offer top pricing from a live marketplace.
“We’ve seen an enormous amount of creativity and innovation in the mobile industry,” said Steven K. Berry, president and CEO of CCA, “and today’s pitch competition showed that the future is bright for competitive carriers. Congratulations to all of our participants, and to Cellbie, who are among the innovators continuing to drive our industry forward.”
Cellbie will receive a prize package that includes mentoring and marketing opportunities including:
- The opportunity to host a webinar for CCA members
- Banner advertising on CCA’s main and event websites
- Five hours of public relations and marketing strategy consulting from CCA’s PR partner, Media Strategies, Inc.
- One contributed article, published in the Fall/Winter 2017 issue of The CCA Voice
- Mentoring from CCA’s Director of Industry Development, Kim Caronchi
All of the showcase participants exhibited in the Start-Up Pavilion on the MCS 2017 exhibit floor. Participants span numerous markets – from retail solutions, to security, bandwidth management, and business services. They include:
- #250 America’s Mobile Speed Dial – allows consumers to simply dial #250 and say a keyword to connect to a specific business via an inbound phone call;
- Airfind – curates and personalizes experiences for users on mobile devices, letting customers customize and brand search functionality, homepages, and more.
- APVAS – delivers a cloud-based platform that enables mobile service operators to offer personalized products and services to their subscribers;
- CyberReef Solutions -offersa network-based applications service provider that delivers subscription based services, including: bandwidth management; children’s Internet protection filtering; and private networking solutions that enable businesses to deploy private networks in 2-3 days;
- FreeMo, Inc. – delivers an Android lock screen platform that competitive carriers can leverage to generate additional revenue and allow users to earn discounted cellular service;
- QUEUEALL – provides a cloud-based virtual line management system that lets consumers reserve a virtual place in line when they arrive at a retail store or kiosk;
- Trinity Mobile Application Technologies Inc. – allows a subscriber to use multiple telephone numbers on a single mobile device, without the use of VoIP, data or a Wi-Fi connection.
CCA is the nation’s leading association for competitive wireless providers and stakeholders across the United States. The licensed service area of CCA’s nearly 100 carrier members covers 95 percent of the nation. Visit http://www.ccamobile.org/
Connect with CCA on Twitter: @CCAMobile #MCS2017
# # #