The 2017 Spectrum Pipeline
Spectrum has always been the lifeblood of the wireless industry, and it has become even more important as data consumption continues to soar. In addition to compiling low-band spectrum to increase their coverage footprints, operators are looking to mid- and high-band airwaves to densify their networks and ramp up capacity. And unlicensed spectrum has become a key focal point as carriers begin to enter the 5G era.
Indeed, spectrum is at the heart of some of the most important questions in the wireless market. How can carriers maximize the unique traits of each of these spectrum bands to create ubiquitous, reliable networks? What are the best strategies for refarming spectrum for LTE and next-generation technologies? Which bands are the most valuable for 5G, and what kinds of transactions are likely to occur as carriers begin to prepare for those services? Finally, what can we learn from the results of the incentive auction of 600 MHz? Industry leaders will discuss these topics and much more as we examine strategies for maximizing network resources through spectrum.
- Colin Gibbs, Editor, FierceWireless – moderator
- Eric Graham, SVP, Strategic Relations, C Spire
- Gowton Achaibar, VP, Head of Strategy & Technology, Ericsson
- Steve Sharkey, VP of Government Affairs, Engineering and Technology Policy, T-Mobile
- Mariam Sorond, VP of Technology Development, Dish